Photo: Hon Komsol Longgap
Why Komsol is right man for Plateau ministerial slot —Group
A group known as Concerned Patriotic Vanguard, has thrown its weight behind the immediate past House of Reps member representing Shendam/Quaan-Pan, Mikang Federal Constituency, Hon Komsol Longgap, to be appointed by President Bola Tinubu as the Minister to fill the slot of Plateau State in his incoming cabinet.
The group in a statement issued on Thursday and signed by Mr John Ribam, its Chairman, Abdul Dakop, its Secretary and Shalvel Yilwan, PRO, stressed that the former lawmaker was the best man to get the position due to his excellent political pedigree and track record.
The statement reads in full below:
We deem it fit after careful research, and as bona fide, loyal and committed members of Plateau State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, to state our candid view on who we think is the best to be given the constitutional ministerial slot from Plateau State.
Our party has greatly lost at the 2023 polls where it dropped from having two Senatorial seats to one, and earlier from 4 House of Reps members to three and maintained the status quo by loosing Mikang, Shendam and Qua’an Pan, Federal Constituency, but gaining Mangu/Bokkos Federal Constituency.
Our noble party could not deliver the Presidency and Governorship elections to victory. Sadly, we dropped from the ruling party to the leading opposition party in the state.
Though a ray of hope is beaming at the horizon over probable victory at the gubernatorial tribunal alongside other seats, we cannot relent by folding our hands in boosting other areas of political appointments to regain strength and retake our political leadership of the state.
Furthermore, we cannot rely on unseen court verdicts which are not sacrosanct by simple optimism which surprises of defeat could spring up.
In light of this, the constitutional ministerial slot allotted for Plateau requires a charismatic, forward-looking, patriotic, beloved by all political parties and workaholic person to attract attention to the party and boost its acceptability once again.
The right person for this job in our view is none other than Hon. Alphonsus Longgap Komsol, the immediate past member representing Mikang, Shendam and Qua’an Pan Federal Constituency in the National Assembly.
Komsol who was a first timer in the National Assembly, has proven his commitment and doggedness in the discharge of any given assignment selflessly.
Within the span of his four years sojourn in the National Assembly, he put the interest of his constituents above his personal consideration; thereby endearing himself to the well wish of the greatest population of the people he represented across-board irrespective of party, religion and ethnic inclinations.
Prior to his victory at the 2019 polls, Komsol with his wealth of experience being in the corridor of Plateau State Government from the beginning of the Fourth Republic, weathered the attempt to deny him victory at the APC primary and overwhelmingly won because of his antecedents.
If the APC wants to remain strong till 2027, its Minister from Plateau must be someone beloved across political lines, Senatorial divide, ethno-religious consideration and above all a selfless workaholic whose pedigree has proven so.
We are aware that a Minister is a Federal Government servant who is expected to discharge his duty faithfully without prejudice, victimization, sectionalism and corruption. Of such calibre and sound material, is Alphonsus Longgap Komsol. He will only not bring pride to the Federal Government, but to Plateau and the entire country.
Of all the APC members in Plateau who hold no elective position, there is none with the well wish that is capable of attracting more followers to the APC than Hon. Komsol. If any thinks it’s untrue, they can embark on independent research at the grassroots and set an opinion poll objectively.
Suffice us to mention Komsol’s major achievements as the first APC Federal legislator of his constituency as follows. He:
Passed the bills for the creation of Federal Polytechnic Shendam, Federal Medical Centre Piapung and Federal University of Agriculture Namu.
The Federal Polytechnic Shendam saw the light of the day, where then President, Muhammadu Buhari signed it into law and was sited at Nya’k in Shendam LGA.
It is worthy of note that Komsol believes in governance as continuum, that was why he continued the bill of creating the Federal Polytechnic in Shendam from where his predecessor, Johnbull Shekarau, stopped.
– constructed 32 classroom blocks spread across his constituency.
– constructed 3 well equiped ICT centres in his constituency.
– mounted 500 solar panel street lights across his constituency.
– constructed a storey building model school at N250m which is ongoing.
– Attracted construction of Gidan Adamu – Kupkwap road at N500m.
– constructed Derailt road at N100m.
– distributed tens of thousands of bags of fertilizer to farmers every year, since his assumption of office.
– attracted Federal Government soft loans for 500 people which some got two million, one million, five hundred thousand and so on.
– Secured Petroleum Development Trust Fund scholarship for some students doing their Masters, Ph.D and degree programmes in overseas and in the country.
– yearly pays the Joint Admission Matriculation Board, JAMB, fee for so many of his constituents seeking admission in various universities.
– sank numerous motorized and hand pump boreholes across his constituency.
– sponsored recruitment of some of his constituents into the Police Force, Civil Defence and others.
– empowered his constituents yearly with numerous grinding machines, motorcycles and sewing machines.
– Secured National Directorate of Employment loan for 300 people at N20k each.
– distributed a car each to the three APC LG chairmen of his constituency.
– gave out 32 motorcycles to the APC ward chairmen of the 32 wards of his constituency.
– gave out five cars and 20 motorcycles to churches and mosques in his constituency.
– gave traditional rulers cars and motorcycles.
On the political front, Komsol was a member of the Planning and Strategic Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Presidential Campaign Council, and was also in charge of the Presidential Primary election delegates where he convinced a host of the delegates from Plateau state to vote for Tinubu even when most party stalwarts that are parading themselves now that they are Tinubu’s men were busy working for then Vice President, Professor Yemi Osibanjo and Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi attaching religious sentiments to the presidential primary.
But Komsol refused to accept their posture and remained with Tinubu and that was what cost him his return ticket to the House of Reps.
Komsol was APC Presidential Secretary, Contact for Mobilization North Central Zone and State coordinator, Independent Campaign Council, Plateau State.
Komsol has proven his love and passion for Nigeria and Nigerians.
As the saying goes, “Charity begins at home,” and “he that is faithful in the little shall be faithful in much,” Komsol has proven his mettle in them, showing he is fully set for a higher assignment.
If APC must have a firm grip in Plateau, Komsol should be considered for Ministerial position as huge contribution. He will deliver and boost the performance of his ministry.
Concerned Patriotic Vanguard.
John Ribam —Chairman
Abdul Dakop —Secretary
Shalvel Yilwan —PRO